VIRAM: AGENDA SUSTAINABILITY | GRAND LAUNCH: 23RD NOV 2022
Mobius Foundation, in partnership with India Today Group, launched a one-year-long social cause initiative called ‘VIRAM: AGENDA SUSTAINABILITY’ on 23rd November 2022. The campaign was an on-ground two-hour-long Thought Leadership Conclave that featured policy experts, demographic researchers, and academicians interacting under two robust sessions and a fire side chat with Mr. Pradip Burman, Chairman, Mobius Foundation.
THEME: OVERPOPULATION: EVERYTHING CONNECTS
Understanding the causes and effects of overpopulation, its impact on human resources, possible long and short remedial measures etc.
- Shri C K Mishra, Former Secretary, Ministry of Environment, Forests & Climate Change (MoEFCC), Government of India
- Shri Praveen Garg, Advisor, Mobius Foundation and Former Special Secretary & Financial Adviser, MoEFCC, Government of India
- Mr. Anand Sinha, Country Advisor, David & Lucile Packard Foundation
- Mr. Srinivas Goli, Professor, International Institute of Population Studies
THEME: 'बढ़ती आबादी, घटते संसाधन : सतत विकास की चुनौती'
Understanding the impact of overpopulation on human resources, environment, and economic progress of the nation.
- Dr. Ram Boojh, CEO, Mobius Foundation
- Mr. Amitabh Kundu, Member, National Commission on Population
- Ms. Poonam Muttreja, Executive Director, Population Foundation of India
- Swami Prem Parivartan (Peepal Baba), Environmentalist, Give Me Trees Trust
Mr. Pradip Burman
Host: Ms. Akshita Nandagopal
Guest of Honour : Mr. Zakhir Khan
Host: Mr. Sayeed Ansari